Located in Lignano Sabbiador in north-east Italy, Getur Village attracts many touring schools year upon year. The complex's location means that Getur offers both great weather and exceptional sporting facilities. The local accommodation near Getur Village provides schools with a variety of options to suit their touring needs and budget, making Getur Village the ultimate school sports tour destination.
Possible destinations in Italy:
Sports Tours to Getur Village
Sports Tours to Bologna
Tickle your taste buds in the culinary capital of Italy, Bologna. If you are a fan of Italian cooking then this melting pot of culinary delights is for you. Burn off all the calories you put on in the local eateries with a fixture against the excellent local football and cricket clubs, who are eager to host touring teams.
Sports Tours to Lido Di Jesolo
Teamlink recommend this beach resort for its suitability to sports groups’ needs. It is a traditional holiday resort situated on the Adriatic coast just an hour from Venice. The resort has 15km of sandy beach and a wide variety of entertainment along the seafront with plenty of pizzerias, shops and bars.
Sports Tours to Milan
If you want to appreciate Italy’s past, you go to Rome, if you want to see its present and future, you go to Milan. The country’s richest, most modern city is arguably the fashion centre of the world and its nightclubs are packed with pretty young things that dream of stardom on the catwalk.
Sports Tours to Lake GardaSituated in the north of the country, Lake Garda is a fantastic base for a sports tour with resorts such as Desenzano, Garda and Sirmione full of activity and character. There are an excellent number of rugby and football clubs in the region looking to host teams.
Sports Tours to Rome
A great place to combine sport and sightseeing, Rome is a busy and passionate city with highlights including the Pantheon, Coliseum and Vatican City. Groups can also visit the Stadio Olimpico to catch a Serie ‘A’ football game.
Italy is famed for its tradition, culture and passion for sport where fixtures can be arranged against local clubs and district sides. As there is no school activity in Italy, games for junior/school sides usually take place in the evenings and weekends at all levels with clubs enthusiastic to welcome UK sides to improve their playing abilities. Whatever your discipline, be prepared for a feisty encounter with the hot-blooded Latinos followed by a celebratory social afterwards in their clubhouse. If you are looking for a sports tour to Italy please see below to choose the destination that best suits your tour budget.
Assemble at your departure airport two hours prior to your scheduled flight time as stated on your Tour Leader’s Pack, ensuring that all baggage allowances and check-in details have been adhered to beforehand. All flights to our European destinations are on an electronic ticket basis (e-ticket), requiring only your passports to check in.
Board your flight approximately 40 minutes prior to departure and relax prior to arriving at your selected touring destination. A private coach will whisk you to your accommodation where you will be free to explore your surroundings and relax after your day’s travel.
Our traditional four-day European tours include a match on Day Two against local opposition. Our aim is to provide you with a fixture in accordance with your touring team’s playing standard within an hour’s radius of your accommodation. Following the game your team will enjoy post-match hospitality with your hosts prior to heading back to your accommodation.
Touring teams differ in their match requirements whilst on tour. Some teams aim to play on each free day whilst others prefer to relax and soak up the local attractions. If your intentions relate to the former your afternoon will replicate Day Two. If, however, you wish to see the sights on foot or take in a trip then please visit excursions to view our most popular activities and sights in your touring location.
Enjoy a final group breakfast prior to checking out of your rooms. Your charted coach will collect you from your accommodation and transfer you to your departure airport for the inbound flight.
End of tour arrangements.
- “When in Rome”, a great San Diego broadcaster once said.... OK, so maybe Ron Burgandy didn’t quite realise what this meant but or translation is simple: when in Rome – get yourself to the Coliseum! Allow at least a half day to explore the wonders of this city, starting with the Coliseum and finishing on the Spanish Steps. The middle section is for you to explore and enjoy!
- The Pantheon is one of the most impressive buildings of the Imperial Rome. Originally dedicated as a temple to "all the gods", the Roman Pantheon is the most preserved and influential building of ancient Rome.
- The Vatican City (Citta Del Vaticano), the papal residence, was built over the tomb of Saint Peter and is the smallest state in the world. More than a thousand residents are responsible for the smooth, day-to-day running of this nerve centre of official Christianity, with of course the Pope at its head, all guarded by the Swiss guard.
- Gardland is the largest theme park in Italy and is located just off the banks of Lake Garda. With exciting activities ranging from jungle boat rides to the largest family rollercoaster in Italy, it makes a great day out for any touring side!
- Venice If you’re based in Lido di Jesolo then a trip to Venice is a must for your group. Board your chartered boat at nearby Punta Sabbione and arrive 40 minutes later at St. Mark’s Square. Enjoy a day’s sightseeing, people watching, coffee sipping in Harry’s Bar and – of course – a ride on a gondola! Prices include bus and boat transfer.
- Serie A football matches: Milan’s San Siro & Rome’s Olympic Stadium play host to four of the world’s most famous soccer teams:, Inter, Milan Lazio & Roma, respectively.
4 Day Value Flight Package
- Return flight from London to your chosen destination including all taxes and ticketing fees*
- 1 x hand luggage allowance per person
- Return airport transfers in your arrival destination to accommodation
- 3 nights’ VALUE accommodation with breakfast
- Payment of associated reservation charges
- Payment of local accommodation tourist taxes
- 1 match against local sporting opposition
- Return transfer to your sporting fixture
- Fully personalised Tour Leader's Pack prior to departure
- 24-hour emergency support from Teamlink Sports Tours
20-29 Passengers £323 per person**
30-39 Passengers £307 per person**
40-49 Passengers £298 per person**
*Other flight routes are available
**Prices apply to off-peak dates only
Please enquire for further details