Sports tours to Portugal
Possible destinations in Portugal:
Sports Tours to CascaisNestled neatly on the coast, this former fishing village has grown into a lively, popular resort for two reasons; the sun kissed shoreline and the never-dull nightlife. The beaches are lapped by the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean. When you add an old town and first rate restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs Cascais becomes an irresistible prospect.
Sports Tours to Estoril
Situated a short distance away from the capital city of Lisbon, Estoril is a charming seaside resort along the beautiful Cascais coast. The area is an ideal base for touring teams with a relaxed atmosphere with lots of bars, cafes, shops and restaurants where teams can spend the morning on the beach training.
Sports Tours to The Algarve
An ideal base for sports teams, The Algarve region provides clubs with excellent nightlife and beaches, especially in the resorts and coastal towns of Faro and Albufeira. Offering plenty of sunshine and sport, football remains the country’s greatest passion with games available throughout.
Sports Tours to Lisbon
They say that the best way to discover Lisbon is to get lost in its cobbled streets and roads, discovering the eclectic blend of neighbourhoods, culture and architecture that distinguish the city from its European counterparts. Biarro Alto is the beating heart of the capital at night with bars, clubs and the unique Fado Houses.
Situated along the Atlantic, Portugal is a year-round sunshine destination and a country passionate about sport. Teamlink offer sports tours to Portugal all year round with the most popular sports being football, and rugby. Rugby teams are situated mainly in the Lisbon area and the Cascais coast with a few clubs in the north and Algarve region.
Assemble at your departure airport two hours prior to your scheduled flight time as stated on your Tour Leader’s Pack, ensuring that all baggage allowances and check-in details have been adhered to beforehand. All flights to our European destinations are on an electronic ticket basis (e-ticket), requiring only your passports to check in.
Board your flight approximately 40 minutes prior to departure and relax prior to arriving at your selected touring destination. A private coach will whisk you to your accommodation where you will be free to explore your surroundings and relax after your day’s travel.
Our traditional four-day European tours include a match on Day Two against local opposition. Our aim is to provide you with a fixture in accordance with your touring team’s playing standard within an hour’s radius of your accommodation. Following the game your team will enjoy post-match hospitality with your hosts prior to heading back to your accommodation.
Touring teams differ in their match requirements whilst on tour. Some teams aim to play on each free day whilst others prefer to relax and soak up the local attractions. If your intentions relate to the former your afternoon will replicate Day Two. If, however, you wish to see the sights on foot or take in a trip then please visit excursions to view our most popular activities and sights in your touring location.
Enjoy a final group breakfast prior to checking out of your rooms. Your charted coach will collect you from your accommodation and transfer you to your departure airport for the inbound flight.
End of tour arrangements.
- Aquarium - Lisbon's Oceanarium is one of the world's largest aquariums. It is a deep-sea diving experience without any of the risks, with about 25,000 fish, seabirds, and mammals in an enormous central tank that is the size of four Olympic-sized swimming pools. Visitors can look into it from different levels for close-ups of the various creatures, including different species of sharks. No coach needed as it is so centrally located.
- Go-Karting - Karting including all the usual as well as; a book to take away with your lap times, trophies for all participants and a winners ceremony.
- Wine Tasting - The Bucelas Region: The white wine of Bucelas has been famous since the 19th century, and is well known that the Duke of Wellington was a lover of this wine and used to ship it back home to King George III. In the 1970’s and 1980’s this region entered a decline period and was nearly inexistent when the Quinta da Romeira project was launched in 1988. The quality of the wines is highly influenced by the nature of the soil, which consists primarily of marls and hard limestone and form the traditional “caeiras” (quarries where very simple and unsophisticated lime Kilns were handmade) which are so typical of this region. Its micro-climate flavors the Arinto grape resulting in white wines that rank with the country’s best.
- Paint Balling - Paint ball is an exciting leisure activity that requires teamwork, stealth and strategy, which makes for an ideal activity. Set in a picturesque area this complex is equipped for both beginners and experienced players. All players are equipped with easy-to-use semi automatic paint ball guns, full camouflage coveralls, padded head guard and full-face paint ball goggles. Different war scenarios are played with breaks for creating strategies.
- Surfing - Located in Ericeira, the Mecca of Portuguese surfing, these surf clinics can offer more than 30 years of experience in surfing and teaching. Whether you are a beginner, already experienced or are coming with a bigger group there is the equipment and infrastructure to get you surfing in a safe and fun way.
- Dolphin Watching - There are some 85 different species of dolphins in the world; most of them can be found in the Algarve's waters. Enjoy a pleasant trip along the spectacular coast of the western Algarve, where you'll be able to enjoy the company of the resident dolphins. Our experienced team has excellent local knowledge, so the chances of observing dolphins and other maritime animals in their natural environment are quite big.
4 Day Value Flight Package
- Return flight from London to your chosen destination including all taxes and ticketing fees*
- 1 x hand luggage allowance per person
- Return airport transfers in your arrival destination to accommodation
- 3 nights’ VALUE accommodation with breakfast
- Payment of associated reservation charges
- Payment of local accommodation tourist taxes
- 1 match against local sporting opposition
- Return transfer to your sporting fixture
- Fully personalised Tour Leader's Pack prior to departure
- 24-hour emergency support from Teamlink Sports Tours
20-29 Passengers £312 per person**
30-39 Passengers £297 per person**
40-49 Passengers £289 per person**
*Other flight routes are available
**Prices apply to off-peak dates only
Please enquire for further details