Stockholm is built upon fourteen islands, with wonderful natural scenery and water wherever you look. With its 750 year history and rich cultural life, Stockholm also offers a wide selection of world-class museums and attractions. Stockholm's social scene is unrivalled throughout Scandinavia and you have to be dressed to the nines to gain access to the renowned Cafe Opera!
Sports tours to Sweden
Possible destinations in Sweden:
Renowned for their healthy lifestyles and laid back mannerisms, the Swedish people are extremely welcoming towards our touring groups and make excellent hosts. Each season over ten teams from our touring portfolio embark on sports tours to Sweden – Stockholm – to experience the sights and sounds of one of Europe’s most fascinating cities. We can offer rugby tours, hockey tours, cricket tours and football sports tours to Sweden and recommend Stockholm as your ideal port of call thanks to its excellent flight network and accommodation options for groups.
Assemble at your departure airport two hours prior to your scheduled flight time as stated on your Tour Leader’s Pack, ensuring that all baggage allowances and check-in details have been adhered to beforehand. All flights to our European destinations are on an electronic ticket basis (e-ticket), requiring only your passports to check in.
Board your flight approximately 40 minutes prior to departure and relax prior to arriving at your selected touring destination. A private coach will whisk you to your accommodation where you will be free to explore your surroundings and relax after your day’s travel.
Our traditional four-day European tours include a match on Day Two against local opposition. Our aim is to provide you with a fixture in accordance with your touring team’s playing standard within an hour’s radius of your accommodation. Following the game your team will enjoy post-match hospitality with your hosts prior to heading back to your accommodation.
Touring teams differ in their match requirements whilst on tour. Some teams aim to play on each free day whilst others prefer to relax and soak up the local attractions. If your intentions relate to the former your afternoon will replicate Day Two. If, however, you wish to see the sights on foot or take in a trip then please visit excursions to view our most popular activities and sights in your touring location.
Enjoy a final group breakfast prior to checking out of your rooms. Your chartered coach will collect you from your accommodation and transfer you to your departure airport for the inbound flight.
End of tour arrangements.
- Absolut Ice Bar - The planet’s first permanent ice bar, made of ice from the world-famous Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi, Lapland. Everything except the liquids in the drinks is made of ice, and the temperature is kept at a constant 23 degrees Fahrenheit. You can find the Ice Bar at the Nordic Sea Hotel located in the city centre. Booking is essential on weekends. Entry from £8pp including 1 x free drink.
- The Vasa Museum - The Vasa is the only preserved seventeenth-century ship in the world, and a unique art treasure. More than 95 percent of the ship is original, and it is decorated with hundreds of carved sculptures. Today the Vasa Museum is the most visited museum in Scandinavia, with over one million visitors a year. There are nine different exhibitions around the ship to tell about life on board the ship. The film about the Vasa is shown in 16 different languages. In addition there is a well-stocked shop and a pleasant restaurant. Tours of the museum take place every day and entry fees begin at £8.50 for adults with children under 18 permitted free entry.
- Sightseeing Trips by Boat - Seeing Stockholm from the water is an enjoyable must. Fortunately, there are many tours to choose from depending on your interests. Under the Bridges of Stockholm, Royal Canal Tour, Historical Canal Tour, and the early Good Morning Stockholm Tour concentrate on central Stockholm and take from 50 minutes to 2½ hours. Hop On Hop Off is a flexible way to see Stockholm from the water. The ticket is good for an unlimited number of trips over a 24-hour period. It can also be combined with bus (Open Top Bus Tour). Prices vary but expect to pay £4-5 per person.
(Based on taking a minimum of 35 tour passengers)
- Return flights and taxes
- Hand luggage
- Airport transfers in destination
- 3 x nights' BRONZE accommodation with breakfast
- 1 x sporting fixture