With a unique location, between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, Istanbul embraces both western and eastern cultures and is the only city in the world built on two continents. Istanbul is hot. And we’re not talking about the weather. These days, there are more happening restaurants, bars, galleries and clubs around town than anywhere.
Sports tours to Turkey
Possible destinations in Turkey:
Turkey is the perfect destination to relax and unwind, with the beautiful Mediterranean breeze and warm climate. If you are looking for a sports tour in Turkey then football is the dominant sport, rugby and hockey are gathering momentum and we recommend Turkey as an ideal spot for those seeking a developmental tour.
Assemble at your departure airport two hours prior to your scheduled flight time as stated on your Tour Leader’s Pack, ensuring that all baggage allowances and check-in details have been adhered to beforehand. All flights to our European destinations are on an electronic ticket basis (e-ticket), requiring only your passports to check in.
Board your flight approximately 40 minutes prior to departure and relax prior to arriving at your selected touring destination. A private coach will whisk you to your accommodation where you will be free to explore your surroundings and relax after your day’s travel.
Our traditional four-day European tours include a match on Day Two against local opposition. Our aim is to provide you with a fixture in accordance with your touring team’s playing standard within an hour’s radius of your accommodation. Following the game your team will enjoy post-match hospitality with your hosts prior to heading back to your accommodation.
Touring teams differ in their match requirements whilst on tour. Some teams aim to play on each free day whilst others prefer to relax and soak up the local attractions. If your intentions relate to the former your afternoon will replicate Day Two. If, however, you wish to see the sights on foot or take in a trip then please visit excursions to view our most popular activities and sights in your touring location.
Enjoy a final group breakfast prior to checking out of your rooms. Your charted coach will collect you from your accommodation and transfer you to your departure airport for the inbound flight.
End of tour arrangements.
- Hagia Sophia & Blue Mosque - Hagia Sophia is a great architectural beauty and an important monument both for Byzantine and for Ottoman Empires. Once a church, later a mosque, and now a museum at the Turkish Republic, Hagia Sophia is a must for all tourists. The Blue Mosque is called "Sultan Ahmet Camii" in Turkish, which means the Mosque of Sultan Ahmet. The mosque was built in the classic Ottoman style and is located just in front of Saint Sophias' Church the Sultan Ahmet district of Istanbul.
- Bhosphorous Cruise - This breathtaking city can be viewed from all corners by boat along the Bhosphorous River. Board your chartered vessel for a half day tour that takes you to the European and Asian sides of the city complete with onboard lunch or dinner (and bar!).
- Turkish soccer match - Galatsaray, Fenerbahce and Besiktas dominate the Turkish leagues and all based in and around the city. Experience the hotbed of European soccer at an evening game where flares and chanting are the norm in an adrenalin fuelled atmosphere.
- Turkish Bath - Tarihi Sifa Hamami Turkish Bath in Sultanhamet was originally constructed in 1777. The healing water that supplies the complex comes from a spring that is 160 metres underground, whilst the rooms are heated in the traditional Ottoman way by a fire under the building. A soap massage here will give your skin a deep cleansing treatment and completely de-stress the body. Perfect after a rugby fixture!
(Based on taking a minimum of 35 tour passengers)
- Return flights and taxes
- Hand luggage
- Airport transfers in destination
- 3 x nights' SILVER accommodation with breakfast
- 1 x sporting fixture